Thursday, December 3, 2015

The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - ESSENTIAL



Barnes, Jennifer Lynn The Fixer (The Fixer, #1), 370 pgs.  Bloomsbury, 2015.  $17.99  Content: Language: PG (4 swears); Mature Content: PG; Violence: PG-13.   

Tess has been living in Montana trying to take care of her grandfather, who is suffering from Alzheimer’s, and their horse ranch.  But when Tess’s sister, Ivy, finds out that Tess is trying to keep it all together, Ivy does what she does best and solves the problem by bringing Tess home to Washington D.C.  Tess quickly finds out that Ivy is a “fixer” and helps the political elite, including the president to fix problems that are unpleasant.  Tess goes to school with the kids of the political leaders, and finds herself wrapped up in a political scandal.  

I loved this book.  I couldn’t read it fast enough and then when I got to the end I wanted more.  The main character is likable and the story is full of action and mystery.  The secondary characters are just as intriguing as Tess and I can’t wait to get my hands on more of this series.  This is easy to recommend and is clever.   

MS, HS – ESSENTIAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: