Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Here Is Big Bunny by Steve Henry- ADVISABLE

Henry, Steve Here Is Big Bunny. Holiday House, Inc. 2016.  $15.95. PICTURE BOOK.  I learned the importance of reading the back of a book or the inside jacket while reviewing this book.   I usually simply jump into the first page.  Warning: you will not know what this colorfully illustrated book is about!  When I was thoroughly confused, I then read the back to find that it was a "hide and seek" type book.  When all of this made sense, I then reread and really liked the book.  Big Bunny is hiding on each of the pages of the book.  First we look for his foot, then hand, then tail, until finally seeing Big Bunny in his entirety.  There are very few words on the pages so a beginning reader would love this type of book.  After looking for the bunny for several sit-downs, the illustrations are so detailed and amazing that one could then play "I Spy" on each of the pages.  We enjoyed this book.  Pre-K.  EL(K-3).  ADVISABLE. Reviewer: SL.

No comments: