Sunday, April 3, 2016

I'm Cool by Kate & Jim McCullan- OPTIONAL

McMullan, Kate & Jim I'm Cool! HarperCollins Publishers, 2015. $17.99. PICTURE BOOK.  For all hockey players and hockey fans, this is an illustrated informational book on what a Zamboni does during intermission at hockey games.  When the ice has ruts and cuts, the Zamboni machine heads out onto the ice and has 18 minutes from start to finish to make the ice rink ready again for play.  In this picture book, Zamboni takes on a comic personality and confidently takes on the challenge of fixing the rink before the players are ready to start the game again. The illustrations are perfectly fitted for a athletic, active kids- especially young boys.  The story is simple and easy to read.  Although I can see how it would appeal to a certain group, I didn't love the book as much as I had hoped I would.  Pre-K.  EL (K-3).  Optional. Reviewer: SL.

No comments: