Thursday, February 5, 2015

Bigfoot is Missing! by J.Patrick Lewis and Kenn Nesbitt –NOT RECOMMENDED


Lewis, J. Patrick and Nesbitt, Kenn Bigfoot is Missing! 40 pgs, Chronicle Books, 2015. $17.99 PICTURE BOOK
This picture book is an abstracted collection of poetry about different types of legend creatures (Cryptids). It features large double pages with collage style imagery and a short amount of text about a different type of creature somewhere on the page. Examples are the Loch Ness Monster, Mothman, and Goatman.
Bigfoot is a big draw at my library so I was excited to see this large picture book. However, the book is just awful. I don’t even think students would really get what the book was about because of the vague descriptions and very strange and vague imagery. There is a comparison to the “Good Humor Man”..geez I am not even old enough to get that reference. What kids really want is a book with lots of details, ‘real’ information, and a bright interesting layout. I won’t even put this book in my giveaway pile.  
EL(K-3)  –NOT RECOMMENDED  Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: