Saturday, February 21, 2015

Leopardpox! by Orna Landau -- ESSENTIAL

Landau, Orna Leopardpox! Illustrated by Omer Hoffmann. PICTURE BOOK. Clarion Books, 2012. $16.99. Content: G.

When Sadie comes down with a case of leopardpox, no one knows how to treat the kid-turned-cat -- not a pediatrician, not a veterinarian, and not even a zoo. But Sadie's family isn't willing to give up on her just yet.

Sure, this hilarious picture book requires a huge suspension of disbelief, but it's a whole lot of fun to read, with some great details in both the text and illustrations. Sadie's family's love for her is heart-warming, and the twist at the end is marvelous. My husband, five-year-old, and I all love this book, and I can't wait to share it with my students as I have a strong feeling it will make the perfect read-aloud.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) -- ESSENTIAL. Reviewer: Caryn

No comments: