Friday, February 28, 2014

Don't Play With Your Food! by Bob Shea-OPTIONAL



Shea, Bob, Don’t Play With Your Food! Pgs. 94. Disney Press 2014. $16.99. PICTURE BOOK

When Monster comes across some bunnies, he tries to eat them. Instead, the bunnies over the course of a few days, offer him cupcakes, take him swimming, go to a carnival, and start a club. Will Monster still eat them or will he change his mind?

The story is cute and simple. The illustrations leave something to de be desired, however. Although cute, they are not very detailed and could use a little more color to better complement the text. Overall, this would make a great read aloud for toddlers and preschool ages. PreK only. OPTIONAL. Reviewer: Kira M, Youth Services Librarian, WHI Public Library.

1 comment:

Bob said...

Holy cow. Here I am thinking these are the best illustrations I have ever created for any of my books.

If anything, I felt I needed to reign in the colors. I thought it was TOO colorful.

Wow. This is really surprising.