Friday, July 8, 2011

Beautiful Americans by Lucy Silag - NO


Silag, Lucy Beautiful Americans, 314 pgs. Penguin Group, 2009. Language - PG-13 (76 swears, 4 "f"), Sexual Content - PG-13; Violence - PG; Alex is going to Paris for new love; Olivia wants to get a dancing scholarship; PJ wants to leave her secrets in Vermont; and Zack just wants to start over. All four of these teens are going to the prestigious school Lycee in France to get away from something - they never expected more secrets. I didn't like the sexual content factor, it made the book much less enjoyable for me then it was when I started. The sexual content didn't seem necessary for the story. I did like how all their stories connected, but I'm not going to read the next two after this. MS, HS - NO. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: