Thursday, January 8, 2015

The Dragon & the Knight by Robert Sbuda - ADVISABLE

Sabuda, Robert The Dragon & the Knight: A pop-up adventure.  POP-UP.  Little Simon, 2014.  $30.  Content: G. 
A dragon and knight are rampaging through the pages of a classic storybook in a furious pursuit and escape.  Wreaking havoc in a each story, the pair seem on destroying each other and everything in their path.

If you are trying to actually read the stories on each page – stop.  This book is really only contained in the 10 pop-ups that Sabuda has created.  In my copy, only 8 of them were successful – one is almost impossible to fold back down and the other ripped right down the middle the first time I turned to that page; I repaired it and it was fine, but I was startled.  I don’t think most children will actually get the story as it is displayed in the pop-ups.  But they will like looking at them. I don’t know if you actually carry pop-ups in your library.  

GIFT – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher, MLS

No comments: