Monday, May 21, 2012

What Boys Really Want by Pete Hautman - ESSENTIAL


Hautman, Pete What Boys Really Want, 297 pgs. Scholastic Press, 2012. $17.99.

Language PG-13 (27 swears), Sexual Content PG; Violence PG; 

When Adam sets his sight on one of his crazy ideas they usually don't very far so Lita is not too worried about his idea to write a book on what guys really want. I mean Lita is supposed to be the writer with a blog and everything. But when Adam's plan for this book actully fall through, Lita can't believe it and for a good reason. Adam is on his way to trouble, but not from writers block. 

A funny story that I found throughly entertaining up until the last witty comment. Hautman really knows what guys want!  I found this book to be quite different than I had expected it to be giving me a refreshing view on the phrase don't judge a book by its cover. 

MS - ESSENTIAL. Student Reviewer: KU

FYI:  I totally agree with my student.  It is unfortunate that the cover screams GIRL BOOK when boys would really enjoy this one just as much!  Maybe the paperback will be more cross-gender.

No comments: