Thursday, May 24, 2012

Fourth Grade Disasters by Claudia Mills -OPTIONAL


Mills, Claudia and illustrated by Francis, Guy Fourth Grade Disasters (Mason Dixon Book 2) 176 pgs. Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2011. $11.04.  

Rating: G

Mason is made to join the fourth grade choir against his will. His best friend Brody, of course, loves it. His dog, Dog, eats the dragon mascot! When the choir gets an opportunity to be on TV, Mason is determined to get out of it.

I know that Mason is supposed to be quirky, but his negativity is intolerable.  (See my review of the first book). I have come to the conclusion that Mason isn't an authentic or believable character, its pretty obvious an adult voice is behind him. I don’t think students will be fooled either. Also I am not amicable to getting the Puff the Magic Dragon song stuck in my head, after it took all these years to get it out.

EL – OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie MLS graduate & Author.

No comments: