Thursday, February 25, 2016

You’re Pulling my Leg: 400 Human-Body Sayings from Head to Toe by Pat Street and Eric Brace –ESSENTIAL

Street, Pat and Brace, Eric and Illustrated by Brace, Eric You’re Pulling my Leg: 400 Human-Body Sayings from Head to Toe 47 pgs Holiday House, 2016. $18.95 PICTURE BOOK/NON-FICTION

This book is stuffed to the gills with Idioms, Similes, Metaphors, and Proverbs..each and every one of them has body words. Its organized from the head down, each double page spread featuring a different fun scene, like a school, a parade, a forest, a circus and more. The many mini characters are not only acting out their own saying, but are interacting, doing hilarious things, and making funny comments.

Wow, this books reminds me of Where’s Waldo in its intricacy! Hats off to the illustrator, serious detail and creativity! I am astounded by how many sayings they have come up with, its mind blowing! (I keep snickering to myself, I know). This is a fun asset to any school library and stands a way better chance of being chosen and read by a student, rather than used just for a lesson by a teacher. The cover is appealing, the illustrations are funny, and it’s just plain interesting to look at.

EL(K-3), EL –ESSENTIAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: