Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Old MacDonald Had a Truck by Steve Goetz - ESSENTIAL

Goetz, Steve Old MacDonald Had a Truck, illustrated by Eda Kaban.  PICTURE BOOK.  $17.  Chronicle Books, 2016.  Content: G.

Old MacDonald still has that farm but besides the animals, he also has a bunch of heavy machinery.  What could MacDonald be building?

This is one of those brilliant books that just makes you say – why didn’t we do this before.  Inspired by his son who was already making up his own lyrics to the classic song, Goetz has inspired me!  And Kaban’s artwork!  Oh my heart!  As far as I can tell she has done several covers, but I think this may be her first picture book.  I can’t wait to see more from her.  Truly inspired – whoever designed the graphic concept added an entire lesson’s worth of illustrations for prediction, voice, and personification.  It doesn’t get much better than this.

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: