Thursday, February 25, 2016

Barnacle is Bored by Jonathan Fenske - ESSENTIAL

Fenske, Jonathan Barnacle is Bored.  PICTURE BOOK.  Scholastic, MAY 2016.  $15.  Content: PG-ish (someone gets eaten).

Barnacle is stuck on the bottom of the dock and has nothing good to say about his life, even being jealous of a fish swimming by.  UNTIL – a bigger fish appears to take care of that carefree fish. No more complaints from Barnacle!

Barnacle is sooooo adorable!  I need a stuffed Barnacle to add to my collection – even if I have to sew my own.  I am already in love with this book!.  This should be on every book shelf with young children up to teenagers.  I am going to buy this for the library and shop it to my teachers (middle school) so that they can remind their students that there are worse things in life than bring bored.  I hope Fenske writes and illustrated more picture books soon. 

Pre-K, EL (K-3), GIFT, HOME – ESSENTIAL.  Cindy, Library teacher

No comments: