Wednesday, April 4, 2018

You're My Little Cuddle Bug by Nicola Edwards - ESSENTIAL

Edwards, Nicola You're My Little Cuddle Bug, illustrated by Natalie Marshall. BOARD BOOK. Silver Dolphin Books (Printers Row Publishing), 2018. $9. 9781684122585.

This is a very cute and winning board book that celebrates the love between parent and child. Every two pages focuses on a different bug--butterfly, ladybug, caterpillar, etc--and the expressions of love between parent and child. You could interpret the pages as being a mom butterfly talking to her little one, or simply representations of the nicknames human parents give to their little ones. In either case--it works.

I call my own little kiddos "bugs" so I was predisposed to love this book, but I do think its a really great choice. The illustrations are colorful and sweet, and the extra dimension of having a cut out for the bug each page makes it more interesting and fun for kids. Its a great read aloud and is a great choice for the youngest readers.

Pre-K - ESSENTIAL. Reviewer: TC

No comments: