Monday, January 16, 2017

Timekeeper by Tara Sim - OPTIONAL

Sim, Tara Timekeeper, 414 pages.  Sky Pony Press, 2016.  $18.  Language: PG-13 (37 swears, 0 ‘f’); Violence: G (some explosions); Mature Content: PG-13 (gay main character, some passion).

Time in Danny’s world is regulated by the great clocks – if a clock stops, that area becomes Stopped.  Danny’s father has been stuck with in a Stopped city for three years.  Danny is carrying on the family business, maintaining clocks, but the Colton clock is causing him problems.  And something weird about that clock.  Danny is about to find out about the origins of the clocks and of time, and become intimately involved in finding the key to saving all Stopped clocks.

I don’t feel I did a very good job explaining this book.  It is better than my poor summary.  This is a fun steampunk, alternate Victorian world fantasy.  While the main character is gay, it is not to hit anyone over the head with issues, the book ti just romantic in that relationship.  I don’t find that steampunk books circulate very well at my school, though, so that is the drawback that I see.  

MS - OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: