Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Captain Awesome goes to Superhero Camp (#14) by Stand Kirby -ADVISABLE

Kirby, Stan Captain Awesome goes to Superhero Camp (#14) 117 pgs. Simon & schuster, 2015. $5.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
Eugene (aka Captain Awesome) and his two best friends love summer, but with school out, they have no villains to battle. Then to their surprise and excitement they are all sent away to super hero camp! But not everyone there seems to be a superhero and some of them even have horrible powers, like stinkbombs. Will they be able to face the challenge at the end, even if it means cooperating?
This is such a fun and creative series, I love them. The problem? I can’t get students to read them. We have about 5 of these books and I book talk them every time I present chapter books, I display them, and I haven’t had a single check out. Superheroes are very popular too! Maybe you will have better luck than me, they are perfect read for a first grader!

EL(K-3) – ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: