Wednesday, April 30, 2014

I HATE Picture Books! by Timothy Young - - ESSENTIAL


Young, Timothy I HATE Picture Books!  PICTURE BOOK 32 pgs. Schiffer Publishing  2013. $16.99. 

Max hates his picture books, so he’s throwing them away.  He hates the lessons they’ve taught him (HE got in trouble for writing on the walls)  and the things in them aren’t real (don’t eat green ham)  But as Max tells you why he hates certain books, he learns an invaluable lesson, and we see how very important those childhood picture books really are.  

This was a nostalgic trip for me, from books I read myself, to my children and now recommend to friends and patrons.  The illustrator has skillfully re-drawn lots of iconic book images placing Max in them.  So delightful.  One of my all time favorites. For all ages!  

EL  (K-3) -  ESSENTIAL Lisa Librarian

No comments: