Monday, September 23, 2013

Birds VS. Bunnies (The Flying Beaver Brothers Book #4) by Maxwell Eaton III –NO

Eaton, Maxwell Birds VS. Bunnies (The Flying Beaver Brothers Book #4) 96 pgs. Knopf Books for Young Readers, 2013. $6.29.  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.
The Flying Beaver brothers are enjoying a day at sea but they stumble into a conflict as birds and bunnies fight over an island. Ace and Bub hatch a plan to find out who caused this war and how to stop it. They must trick both parties, both of which think they are spies. The Beaver brothers are in big trouble.
Although this fourth graphic novel in the series had a more distinct plot than the last one I reviewed, I just didn't enjoy the story. I need either great artwork or a great story to carry me through, but this one had neither. There is a popular trend to have basic single color artwork, such as in Baby Mouse and Squish, and I like both of those series, but in this book, I find it irritating. No harm in purchasing this series for a prize, its kind of cute, but I wouldn't spend good money to add it to my collection.  

EL (K-3), EL – NOT RECOMMENDED Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: