Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Prudence: The Part-Time Cow by Jody Shaffer - OPTIONAL

Shaffer, Jody Jensen Prudence: The Part-Time Cow, illustrated by Stephanie Laberis.  PICTURE BOOK.  Henry Holt (Macmillan), 2017.  $17

While Prudence is a cow, but only part-time.  The rest of the time she is a scientist, an architect, and an engineer.  The other cows don’t find her very amusing.  Prudence considers what she can do to get back on their good side. So she buckles down and comes up with some clever inventions that show the others that she can be useful.

Am I being a fussy old person when I say I don’t like that the other cows’ friendship depends on Prudence doing something for them? The pictures are so good – I want to like this more than I did.  Someone convince me!

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: