Monday, August 1, 2011

I'll Be There by Holly Goldberg Sloan - Advisable


Sloan, Holly Goldberg I'll Be There, 400 pgs. Little, Brown, 2011.

Language - G; Sexual Content - G; Violence - PG.

"Raised by an unstable father who keeps the family constantly on the move, Sam hasn't been in a classroom since the second grade. Then, Sam meets Emily Bell and everything changes. The two share an immediate and intense attraction, and soon Sam and his younger brother Riddle find themselves welcomed into the Bell's home. Faced with normalcy for the first time, they know it's too good to last."

An interesting novel with interesting characters. I was sucked into the story. It is a very interesting and heartwarming contemporary story. However, I thought a lot of the relationship development was skimmed over. I think it will appeal to a lot of students.

MS, HS - ADVISABLE. Rebekah, Youth Services Librarian

No comments: