Friday, December 29, 2017

The Notations of Cooper Cameron by Jane O'Reilly - ADVISABLE

O’Reilly, Jane The Notations of Cooper Cameron, 312 Pages.  Carolrhoda Books 2017. $18.00.  Language: G (1 Swear, 0 ‘F’); Mature Content: G; Violence: G.

Cooper Cameron is afraid of losing everyone he loves if he doesn’t do the secret rituals he made up after his grandfather’s tragic death. His grandpa had drowned the year before on a fishing trip with Cooper, now Cooper blames himself for the incident and he is afraid he will lose everyone else. Cooper’s family decides they need a break from the city, so they decide to stay at his grandfather’s cabin for the summer. Cooper decides that he has to stop being “That Boy” as his father had called it. Cooper has to bring his family back together again.

I personally think this book will be a bestseller. It had some very exciting moments, and some very deep moments that make you think about what you would do in that situation. I really enjoyed this book. It kept me intrigued and I wanted to keep reading forever. The setting was very detailed and gave me a pretty good idea of to what they were seeing in the book. I will definitely be reading the author’s other books. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who is looking for an inspiring story.

MS - ADVISABLE. CAS, Student Reviewer, 7th Grade

No comments: