Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Saving the Whole Wide World by Judd Winick - ADVISABLE

Saving the Whole Wide World (Hilo#2) by Judd Winick194  pages.  Random House , 2016.  $13.99.  Content: G. GRAPHIC NOVEL

Hilo, the robot boy from another dimension is still figuring things out living as a boy on earth. Things are going great until portals began dumping monsters and robots from other dimensions onto earth to wreak havoc.  Now Hilo, D.J. and Gina along with a new cat friend, have to stop things before people start to notice and get hurt.

While I absolutely loved the first book in this series, which was more character based, this second book is all plot. I think students will enjoy that, but it dropped my rating a level. To me this book felt more like simply silly and fast paced action fluff than I care for but I would still pick it up for my school library, its wholesome and fun. The artwork and style of presentation is still fantastic.

EL – ADVISABLE.  Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: