Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mia’s Recipe for Disaster (Cupcake Diaries #22) by Coco Simon -OPTIONAL

Simon, Coco Mia’s Recipe for Disaster (Cupcake Diaries #22) 160 pages Simon Spotlight, 2014. $6.99
Because Mia is very interested in Fashion she has been taking classes at the esteemed Parson’s school of design in New York City. When the chance comes up to enter a fashion design contest she is consumed by it. She argues with all of her friends but especially Katie, is completely stressed out, and even when she finishes the dress, things don’t go well at all. Is winning worth losing her best friend?
I thought I would like this book a ton, because of the fashion component, but it sort of revealed a very uncaring and snobby side to Mia, I don’t really think she overcame it that well. This has been my least favorite read in the series so far, and I have read a ton of them. Still a great series, that never fails to make me hungry for a cupcake!
EL –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: