Friday, June 7, 2013

Relish: My Life in the Kitchen by Lucy Knisley –OPTIONAL

Knisley, Lucy Relish: My Life in the Kitchen 176pgs. First Second, 2013. $14.11.  Content: Language: PG (2 adult words); Mature Content: PG; Violence: G.
The author tells the story of how she was born/became a foodie. This graphic novel takes us from womb, to past ancestors, to her upbringing; how everything led her to enjoy the art of food. It includes her travels, recipes, and personal photographs.
I thought this book would be an ideal combination for me; graphic novel and foodie stuff. But alas, it was kind of uncomfortable; like maybe this book should have been just for the author. I quickly found out that I really didn't want to know how someone becomes a foodie, and was I quite bored reading this. Unless you have some major foodie students, this one is not going to work for your collection.

HS -OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: