Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Mission by Jason Myers - PUBLIC


Myers, Jason The Mission, pgs. 361. Simon Pulse, 2010. $9.99 Language- R ( 1123 swears, 553 "f" words) Mature Content- R; Kaden Norris' life just fell apart when his best friend, brother and hero is killed in Iraq. All he has is a letter from Kenny telling him to go visit his cousin James. Kaden is stunned when he is introduced to the thing that James calls life. It is filled drugs, sex and apathy. Kaden uncovers secrets that have been kept from him and he's world starts to change. This may not be what Kenny had planned for him, but it is a trip that will have an impact on Kaden forever.         This book was a real eye-opener. It introduces you to a lot of things that you don't think about on a daily basis, but not all of them are good things. It was okay and I don't think I would want to read this book again. I don't think this book is a keeper, but I'm glad I read it. I don't think this would be the first book I would recommend. This book is rated R in language for the large quantity of swear words. It is rated R in mature content for sexual content, drug use, & alcohol use.   PUBLIC ONLY. 
Student Reviewer: CG

No comments: