Thursday, December 8, 2016

The Aerosmurf by Peyo -OPTIONAL

Peyo The Aerosmurf 56 pgs. Papercutz, 2013. $5.99  Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
This is actually a collection of 6 short comic book stories featuring the Smurfs and Gargamel. The first story is the aerosmurf, the rest range from pie throwing mayhem to a pet dragon. They are fun adventures and very wholesome.  
Ever since I read the collected works of Peyo, I can’t even look a smurf in the face, let alone read the prolific noun and verb replacements of the word smurf in these stories. Therefore, I have put this book in the bottom of my pile for years, sorry! At my school library the students recognize the smurfs, but have zero interest in checking the books out (we have a few leveled readers). If they are popular at your school, this would be easy to add to your collection, but they aren’t my favorites by far.

EL(K-3) –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: