Friday, December 16, 2016

Lots of Bots (Robots Rule #2) by C.J. Richards ESSENTIAL

Richards, C.J. Lots of Bots (Robots Rule #2) 195 pgs. Houghton Mifflin, 2015. $13.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
Thanks to all his efforts in the first book, George, a boy genius with robots, has landed an internship at the Tinkertech. But things go wrong right from the start, including his posting the janitor bot. The mystery surrounding his parents deepen and working at Tinkertech affords him opportunities to look into it. His best friend, the robot Jackbot, is being less than helpful, as he has fallen in love. When Tinkertech newest invention turns out to be fairly sinister, George tries to save the town. 
I love these books! They are so well written and interesting, I feel terrible they were in the bottom of my review pile, because I think students will love these. The characters are well rounded and seem so real. The illustrations are awesome! The tiny mysteries are intriguing and keep the readers interest. I would absolutely buy this series for my school library! I think 4th grade and up will be best able to enjoy it, some fairly high level vocabulary and plot. Optionally, it could work really well for advanced younger readers, because it is a quite wholesome read. 

EL – ESSENTIAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: