Sunday, March 1, 2015

A Change of Lace (Sew Zoey #9) by Chloe Taylor –ADVISABLE

Taylor, Chloe A Change of Lace (Sew Zoey #9) 151 pgs, SimonSpotlight, 2014. $6.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
Zoey is going back to school and finds herself pulled in many new directions. She is torn between making amends with a former friend, spending time on her clothing design, and keeping up with her best friends. When she lands a celebrity client that is very demanding, Zoey starts to learn how to set limits in her business life as well as her personal one.
I have reviewed most of the books in the series and probably am more eager to read them than the students. I just love this series!! I am still sticking with my opinion that the artwork lacks cover appeal for students (though adults probably think its just darling), I think its old fashioned looking, like late 70s. Its had a reasonable amount of checkouts though I have to convince students the books are new and amazing reads. It is interesting that the characters are in middle school, but only 3-4 graders check them out, I couldn't get a 6th grader to touch them if my life depended on it. Again this is where a more modern fashion forward cover might broaden the appeal. As always, this book included some subtle and great life lessons.

EL  – ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: