Monday, January 20, 2014

Once Upon the End by James Riley - ADVISABLE

Riley, James Once Upon the End, 373 p. Aladdin (Simon), 2013.  $17.  Violence: PG; Language: G.  Mature Content: G.  

Mia is determined to end the reign of her grandmother, the Wicked Queen once and for all.  SO is Jack, so is Prince Philip and so is Penelope.  Unfortunately, they all have secret plans and no one is sharing – which makes for a HUGE mess, lots of misunderstandings and a high likelihood of failure.  

I have not read the other books in this series and I did pretty well coming into it blind.  Riley did a great job of making me super frustrated with the behavior of all of the characters, meaning I bought into the premise quickly and could identify with them and their heroics or their shortcomings.  I could go on and on and but I hope your students are reading this series.  

EL, MS – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: