Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Paddington: Meet Paddington by Annie Auerbach - OPTIONAL



Auerbach, Annie  Paddington: Meet Paddington  Harper, 2014.  EARLY READER  $3.99  Content:  G.   

This is an introduction to the main characters in the Paddington bear story.  Paddington explains who the Browns are-a family who helps him find a home; Millicent-the bad woman who tries to make him into a stuffed bear and other minor characters.  The gist of the story is understood through his explanations.   

This early reader has 1-2 sentences per page.  The illustrations are from the movie and are dull in color and sometimes blurry.  It’s an okay book, if readers really liked the movie they might like to review the storyline in this simple book. 

 EL (K-3)-OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson

2 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

I am tempted to get another copy of the original Paddington with the movie coming out. I got rid of the 25+ year old Permabound one because it smelled awful. Just not sure if middle school students will read Paddington anymore!

Cindy Mitchell said...

Ha, Ha, ha - That cracks me up! When I became a librarian, I weeded many books because of smell, too. I am not getting any Paddington for my middle school either.