Friday, January 5, 2018

Who Am I? An Animal Guessing Game by Steve Jenkins - ADVISABLE

Jenkins, Steve  Who Am I? An Animal Guessing Game  Illustrated by Robin Page  PICTURE BOOK  Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 2017.  $14.99  Content: G.  

Seven different animals are included in this animal book.  One page spread shows the 5-6 characteristics of an animal and it says “I have…” and then lists the characteristics.  When you turn the page it says “I am a…” and then lists the animal. At the back of the book more facts are included about each animal.

I like Steve Jenkins and Robin Page’s animal books.  The art work is unique and fun and the simple interesting facts draw attention to the animal world.  This book feels more like the content you would find in a board book and the facts are very simple.  

PREK – ADVISABLE.  EL (K-3) – OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.   

No comments: