Sunday, November 1, 2015

Ruby On The Outside by Nora Baskin - ESSENTIAL

Baskin, Nora Raleigh Ruby On The Outside, 163 pgs. Simon & Schuster, 2015, $16.99, Language:G(0 swears, 0 "f"); Mature Content:G; Violence:G.

Ruby is an eleven-year-old girl who's mom is in jail. She has a hard time hiding it in once she meets Margalit. The girls spend so much time together that Ruby's big secret slips out on paper. Will Margalit understand or will their friendship end? 

I really liked this book. It was a very touching story. The way it was written made me wonder if it all really happened. To me it shows that you can tell even your darkest secrets to those you trust, even if it is an accident. 

EL, MS - ESSENTIAL, Student Reviewer:JM(7th Grade)

1 comment:

Ms. Yingling said...

I've been debating this one for middle school. The friendship dynamics seemed more elementary to me.