Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Just a Special Thanksgiving by Mercer Mayer -OPTIONAL

Mayer, Mercer Just a Special Thanksgiving 20 pgs. Harper, 2015. $5.00 PICTURE BOOK
Little Critter’s has an eventful thanksgiving season, starting with a school play, a parade, and thanksgiving dinner someplace he didn’t expect.
Of course the artwork is adorable and Little Critter causes his usual mischief. But this series just isn’t popular with students at my school, I am not sure if its because we mostly have paperback version or what. I liked the ending, but I think I would have liked it better if Little Critter could have learned more about being Thankful than just having fun. (Though I see there is a whole other book about Being Thankful in this series, so they might make a good combo read-aloud). Also this book might be cute as a gift since it comes with stickers.
EL (K-3) –OPTIONAL  Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author

No comments: