Monday, May 7, 2018

When my Sister Started Kissing by Helen Frost - ADVISABLE

Frost, Helen When My Sister Started Kissing, 187 pages. Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 2017. $17. Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: PG; Violence: PG.

Claire and Abigail always look forward to their vacations at their cabin. This year however, is a little different. 10yo Claire and 13yo Abigail are going to their cabin with their dad and their new pregnant mom, Pam. The family is having a good time so far, but Claire is not comfortable with Pam yet. Claire also notices that her sister is acting different, she spends most of her time at the beach and mall than ever before. Claire just wishes things were back to normal.

This book was great! I loved the characters and their personalities! I also liked how the story is very relatable. The one thing I did not like about it was the layout of the book. I do not like how the pages are typed like a poem would be typed. It is very annoying to flip a page every three seconds. Over all, it is a great book!


EL, MS - ADVISABLE 7th grade Student RW

No comments: