Thursday, April 2, 2020

You Won’t See Me Coming by Kristen Orlando - OPTIONAL


You Won’t See Me Coming by Kristen Orlando, 288 pages. Swoon Reads (Feiwel and Friends), 2019. $18.

Language: R (167 swears, 10 “f”); Mature Content: PG13; Violence: PG13

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Reagan finally got her revenge, but it’s come at a high price. Not only is Reagan’s life and future now uncertain, but she has also taken Luke’s life and future away from him. When the mess she made starts to threaten her best friend, Harper’s, life as well, Reagan does everything she can to keep Harper alive.

This trilogy has been a roller coaster for me; I was on the edge of my seat through the first one and disappointed by Reagan’s choices through the second one. I started this third installment with feelings of exasperation towards Reagan because she has been taking action without regard for consequences. As she continued that pattern in this book, I found myself wondering how Reagan has changed over the course of the series, and I feel that she is still immature and not as changed by her experiences as she should be. Nevertheless, an acceptable conclusion seems to have been reached. The mature content rating is for mentioning rape, and the violence rating is for guns and gore.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: