Saturday, April 4, 2020

Under the Stars by Carolyn Twede Frank - OPTIONAL

Under the Stars by Carolyn Twede Frank, 272 pages. Covenant Communications, 2020. $17.

Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: PG; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Rosie wants the chance to join up with the posse chasing down Ivan’s murderer, but the marshal isn’t taking on any women. With some help from her friends, Rosie becomes Ross and joins the posse anyway. She might have been able to fool the marshal into letting her go along, but Rosie has her work cut out for her if she’s going to keep up the ruse until they catch the outlaw.

I was disappointed to not have as much fun reading about Rosie’s antics as I expected. Frank’s writing was the kind of funny where I understand the humor but don’t actually laugh because I was embarrassed for Rosie as I waited for her careful plans to fall apart. The more I read, the more ridiculous the story became as Rosie tried to discover what she wanted and how to get it. Nevertheless, I enjoyed reading how everything wrapped up in the last couple chapters.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: