Thursday, March 9, 2017

The Missing Zucchini (The Ghost and Max Monroe Case #2) by L.M. Falcone –OPTIONAL

Falcone, L.M. The Missing Zucchini (The Ghost and Max Monroe Case #2) 91 pgs. Kids Can Press, 2015. $12.95 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G
In this second book of the series, Max takes on the case of the Missing Zucchini. As he and his ghostly relative Larry interview the people involved they discover a variety of motives including revenge, the need to fulfill a bakery contract, and more. They must find this giant zucchini for the sisters who grew it so they can enter a contest in time. Features simple but adorable illustrations.
I enjoyed this second book much more than the first book, though I really wish I could un-read a word I have never read before: Lickety-Poo. At a second grade reading level, the book is a bit unappealing to this age group, I can’t image a single one who would be very interested in a missing zucchini. The mystery solving plot was pretty on point for a mystery but not particularly interesting as well, again, what student reader would care about fulfilling a baking contract. It can’t hurt to have it on your shelves, its very wholesome, but I wouldn’t seek it out to spend my limited library funds on.

EL(K-3) –OPTIONAL Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: