Monday, January 4, 2016

Dinosaur Rescue! by Penny Dale - OPTIONAL



Dale, Penny  Dinosaur Rescue!  Nosy Crow, 2013 (Candlewick Press).  $6.99 BOARD BOOK Content: G.   

A truck is stuck crossing the train tracks and a train is coming.  Rescue vehicles are rushing to the scene as a policeman tries to catch the train conductor’s attention to stop the train.  Just in time the train is stopped.  All of the characters are dinosaurs instead of humans.   

This book has an attention grabbing story line and it’s exciting to see if the characters can get the truck out of the way in time.  I don’t really get why the characters are dinosaurs, because they don’t do anything dinosaur like.  I think my boys would have liked the story better if they were people.  My son said, “That’s just a weird book” and I would have to agree.  Dinosaurs and an emergency didn’t really fit this time.  

 PREK – OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

No comments: