Friday, January 19, 2018

Threads of Blue by Suzanne LaFleur - OPTIONAL

LaFleur, Suzanne  Threads of Blue (Beautiful Blue World, #2), 203 pgs.  Wendy Lamb Books, 2017 (Random House).  $16.99  Content: PG.  

Mathilde has been separated from the other children in her military mission, so she has to find a way back to them.  Using her military I.D. and resourceful ways she gets herself to Eilean, a safe place away from the attacks on her country.  As she looks for her military unit, she waits in a refugee camp and gets to see different sides of the war. She learns of her strength and what she needs to do to be true to herself. 

Mathilde is a likable character and I like the minor characters as well.  I guess my frustration with this book is the warring countries don’t seem defined and so the war seems pointless and there isn’t a good or bad side.  The ending is also not very believable or satisfying.  I wanted to like this book, but it just didn’t grab me.  The content is PG because people are loss to the war.  

EL, MS – OPTIONAL.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.  

No comments: