Sunday, April 30, 2017

Optical Physics for Babies by Chris Ferrie - ADVISABLE

Ferrie, Chris Optical Physics for Babies.  BOARD BOOK.  Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, 2017.  $10.

A quick look at optical physics and light refraction with a heavy emphasis on rainbow optics.  Makes sense, because rainbows are a property of refraction that everyone looks for after a rainy day.  

Great for a science teacher friend at any level of education.  My science teachers liked this one a lot.  Even my optometrist husband gave this one a thumbs up.  I really do think that even small children can understand this relationship after going through this a few times.  I guess the real question is – will they care?  I think of this series like Jennifer Adams’s BabyLit books – they are more for the adults than for the children.  I would really suggest buying these for your school library for your science teachers to use.

Pre-K, EL, MS, HS, GIFT – ADVISABLE.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: