Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Wolf Tree by John Claude Bemis - ADVISABLE



Bemis, John Claude The Wolf Tree, 385 pgs. Random House, 2010.

Language - PG (1 swear, 0 "f"), Mature Content - G; Violence - PG;

A darkness is over taking part of Kansas and there is reason to believe it has something to do with the Gog's machine. Ray and Marisol set out to look into it. Along the way, Marisol starts turning into the Rambler she knew she could be and Ray develops new talents. Meanwhile, Sally sets off on her own to find her father alone and without any knowledge on how to help herself, depending on the lodestone and her father's book. Conker and Jolie are another pair on their own journey. They are determined to fix the Nine Pound Hammer. Three journeys, one ultimate goal: destroy the Gog's machine. I enjoyed this book almost as much as the first one.

With lots of action and different groups of people, it was fun to read how they all eventually intertwined. It also stopped me from putting it down for even a moment. It made me sad to reach the end, and even sadder when I realized I don't have the third one in my possession. When I get it though, I hope it lives up to the expectations raised by the first two.

MS, HS - ADVISABLE. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: