Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Complete History of Why I HATE Her by Jennifer Jacobson


Jacobson, Jennifer Richard The Complete History of Why I HATE Her, 181 pgs. Atheneum Books, 2010. Language - PG (31 swears, 0 "f"), Sexual Content - PG; Violence - G; Nola's sister has a tumor and has always been seen as "the girl with the sister who has cancer." This summer, Nola is going to be a waitress in Maine to get away and find out who she is. Making friends, fitting in, and working isn't as easy as she thought, and things don't always go as planned. I loved the deep bond between Nola and her sister and I enjoyed how much Nola's path at discovering herself didn't go how either of us thought it would. Song, Nola's sister, was my favorite character. Song had so much life in her--even though she had a tumor and every reason to hate her life. MS - OPTIONAL. Reviewer: CCH

No comments: