Thursday, November 26, 2015

Nancy’s Mysterious Letters and The Secret of Shadow Ranch by Keene - OPTIONAL

Keene, Carolyn Nancy Drew Mystery Stories: Nancy’s Mysterious Letters and The Secret of Shadow Ranch.  Grosset & Dunlap (PenguiN), 1965, 2015.  $9. 

Grosset & Dunlap has added new covers to the 1960’s versions of the Nancy Drew books - so far we are up to number 8 in the series.  While I like the covers, the interiors are exactly the same - including the sometimes fuzzy printing of the text, with quality changes from page to page.  I know, because I compared them to my originals from home. I think that is a pretty odd editorial choice, but i am going to put the books on the shelves and see if they have any longevity.  I pared the yellow spine versions down to just a dozen, but they still circulate once or twice each year. so these can’t hurt.

EL - OPTIONAL.  Cindy, Library Teacher

No comments: