Monday, December 31, 2012

The Christmas Quiet Book by Deborah Underwood - ESSENTIAL


Underwood, Deborah The Christmas Quiet Book, illustrated by Renata Liwska.  Houghton Mifflin, 2012.  $13.  Content: G.  PICTURE BOOK.  

Underwood has brought her imaginative representations of quiet to the Christmas season.  I can’t wait to read this one with a small friend – It would be great to read as a bedtime book, to settle down restless bodies.  With a big yawn after every page, the children will be ready for their long winter’s nap in no time.  Though I do hope that next year brings a Christmas Loud book as a complement!  

Pre-K, EL (K-3)- ESSENTIAL. Cindy, Library Teacher

1 comment:

Caryn said...

I so agree. My three-year-old and I adored this one. It's probably one of my favorite children's books now because every page is wonderful, and it's a great lesson in how one word can have so many shades of meaning. I was sad when it was time to return it to the library, but it was time for someone else to share it with his or her child. I loved it so much I thought about reviewing it, but I forgot since it went back to the library. I'm so glad you did, though. Oh, and the regular Quiet Book is nice, too.