Thursday, December 27, 2012

Ghost Town by Phoebe Rivers - OPTIONAL


Rivers, Phoebe Ghost Town (Saranormal #1), 152 p. Simon and Schuster, 2012 p.  Content: G.  

Sara’s father has moved her across the country and smack dab into a little old full of ghosts – and into a house with an old lady who makes a living as a medium.  For most people this might not be a problem, but Sara can see ghosts – and they know she can see them.  At least it is summer, and Sara doesn’t have to contend with a new school yet.  But the town boardwalk has plenty of distraction – and unbeknownst to Sara it also has a dangerous ghostly problem.  Can’t a girl catch a break?  Saranormal is a great choice for kids who want a ghost story that is not all fluff and scare.  I have liked every one that I have read so far.  

EL, MS – OPTIONAL. Cindy, Library Teacher

3 comments:

Ms. Yingling said...

I will take a look at this. My Betty Ren Wright books are falling to tatters, and these look they might make a good replacement.

Kimberly @ Turning the Pages said...

This one sounds like a good read. I think I'll have to chedck this one out for my niece to read.
-Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

Cindy Mitchell said...

These are good, but not particularly scary. If you want something a bit scarier, something more like R.L. Stine, would suggest P.J. Night's Creepover series or possibly Scholastic's Poison Apple imprint.

Don't get me wrong, they are a solid younger level ghost series. What i don't understand it that the first three were paperbacks, but the 4th one has come out in hard cover. Strange.