Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Kit and Elizabeth by Karen Tuft - OPTIONAL

Kit and Elizabeth by Karen Tuft, 296 pages. Covenant Communications, 2019. $17.

Language: G (0 swears, 0 “f”); Mature Content: PG; Violence: PG

BUYING ADVISORY: NEW ADULT - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Still unwed at 21yo, Lady Elizabeth is practically a spinster according to society and a failure according to her father. Doing everything she can to be the ideal daughter of a duke and duchess, Elizabeth is surprised by the animosity of her parents in regard to her single status. The reason is finally revealed, shattering the life Elizabeth has known and putting her future into question.

I enjoyed reading Tuft’s book because she wrote in such a way to make me fall in love with the characters. With such characters, I wanted to see them succeed and overcome their challenges. Tuft makes Elizabeth’s problems feel relevant and relatable, and I loved watching Elizabeth’s evolution over the course of her character arc. I also recognize that this book was very cheesy -- so much so that I might have actually rolled my eyes at it a couple of times. Nevertheless, it was an overall-good read with a pronounced lesson on individual worth.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: