Monday, May 19, 2014

Happy Birthday Babymouse (Babymouse #18) by Jennifer L. Holm and Matthew Holm –ADVISABLE


Holm, Jennifer and Holm, Matthew Happy Birthday Babymouse (Babymouse #18) 96 pgs. Random House Books for Young Readers, 2014. $6.99 Content: Language: G (0 swears); Mature Content: G Violence: G. GRAPHIC NOVEL
Babymouse is determined to have a wonderful birthday party, better than the disasters of birthdays past. But when a classmate plans an even better party and sends out invitations sooner, Babymouse tries to go to extremes to persuade her classmates to choose her party. Will anyone show up?
Students can’t get enough of Babymouse. It’s fairly wholesome and a quick read. Although I am a big fan of graphic novels, I don’t really gel with Babymouse (though I like Squish by the same author duo much better). My opinion, in this case, is totally irrelevant, Babymouse is beloved at my school by 2-3 grade girls, and I wouldn’t dream of not adding it to my collection.
EL (K-3) ADVISABLE Reviewer: Stephanie Elementary School Librarian & Author.

No comments: