Friday, January 22, 2016

Every Day Birds by Amy Ludwig VanDerwater - ADVISABLE



VanDerwater, Amy Ludwig Every Day Birds  Illustrated by Dylan Metrano  Orchard, 2016.  $17.99 PICTURE BOOK  Content: G.   

This book is a poem about some common North American birds.  Each page has one short poetic line about the bird and a cut paper illustration.  The fact about the bird is interesting and makes bird watching seem simple and something little kids can do.  The illustrations are clean and simple but interesting.  At the back of the book there is more information on each of the types of birds.  The text of the book is also all together at the back and reads like a poem.  This is a great introduction for little kids about common birds they can see and observe.   

Pre-K, EL (K-3) – ADVISABLE.  Reviewer, C. Peterson.

2 comments:

Amy LV said...

Thank you so much for this generous review. My husband Mark taught me about so many birds, and I feel lucky to share this birdlove along... xx

Amy LV said...

Thank you very much for reviewing my book with talented illustrator Dylan Metrano. When my children were little, I was so grateful to all that my husband taught me about our local birds, and I hope to pass it on... xx