Thursday, September 19, 2019

The Voice of My Mind by T. A. Fish - OPTIONAL

The Voice of My Mind by T. A. Fish, 84 pages. BookBaby, 2019. $10.

Content: G

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: LOW

Fish shares his thoughts through this collection of poems. Touching on topics of love, spirituality, regret, and purpose, Fish communicates with readers through short poems and rhyme.

While I liked how most of the poems seemed to flow in a natural progression of theme, some of the poems broke that flow of the overall collection. More irritating to me, though, was when the poems broke their own inner structure of rhyme established in the first couple of stanzas. I failed to grasp the overall idea of the collection, but I did really like about six of the poems as they spoke to my heart and made me stop to ponder the ideas Fish proposed.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: