Thursday, September 26, 2019

Kriss: The Gift of Wrath by Ted Naifeh - OPTIONAL

Kriss: The Gift of Wrath by Ted Naifeh, 115 pages. GRAPHIC NOVEL. Oni Press, 2019. $15.

Language: PG-13 (10 swears, 0 “f”) ; Mature Content: PG-13; Violence: PG-13

BUYING ADVISORY: HS - OPTIONAL

AUDIENCE APPEAL: AVERAGE

Kriss struggles to understand what the purpose of his life is in a village that continually rejects his efforts. Listening to the voice that tells him that he comes from the northern kingdom, Kriss prepares himself to leave -- though one friend in the village isn’t ready to say goodbye.

Honestly, I’m still confused about what the story was about and where it was going, but I’m not as upset as I usually am about a book I didn’t understand. Instead, I find myself intrigued. I want to read more of Kriss’s story and see how this fits into the bigger picture of his life. As Kriss searched for answers of where he came from and where he is going, that desire was lit inside of me as well. Hopefully, we all get those answers sooner rather than later.

Reviewer: Carolina Herdegen

No comments: